작성자나그네 작성일 2023-06-22 00:21 조회 326 댓글 0

본문

The Huntington
2540 reviews
 Claimed
Libraries, Botanical Gardens, Art Museums
Closed10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. the original milk tea
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. Au revoir mes amis!!
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. Such a nice day out
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. Pink rose
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. Damask Roses
Photo of The Huntington - San Marino, CA, US. Azalea  in the Japanese Garden
Review Highlights
“The architecture and layout of the Chinese Garden is amazing and the Desert Garden is gorgeous all year round.” in 382 reviews
“As a member of the Huntington Library it's such a fun time to visit during their lunar new year's celebration weekend!” in 309 reviews
“Make sure to get a reservation for the tea room by rose garden at least a week in advance via their website.” in 61 reviews

Show more review highlights

Location & Hours Suggest an edit
Map
1151 Oxford Rd

San Marino, CA 91108

Mon

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Tue

Closed

Wed

Thu

Closed now
Fri

Sat

Sun

You Might Also Consider
Sponsored
The Getty Center

20.9 miles away from The Huntington

Emma M. said"This museum is beautiful. I loved the architectural designs of each building and the gardens they have in the back are beautiful. They have waterfalls, beautiful flowers, paths, and places to eat lunch and for children to play. I…"read more

in Art Museums

The Getty Villa

Jennifer H. said"Three words: free*, views, history! Be sure to reserve online your free admission per person. Easy to do at getty.edu/visit Best place for mixed-age group. Had a blast with my young cousins. Bring camera - lots of photo opportunity,…"read more

in Art Museums, Botanical Gardens

Sherman Gallery

Devora S. said"**Please note this post has been updated: 09/15. After a difficult start, Marty Sherman, the owner of the gallery made things right. Marty called me immediately after reading my Yelp post to say he had re-ordered our print, was…"read more

in Framing, Interior Design, Art Galleries

Amenities and More
Casual Dress
Good For Kids
Free Wi-Fi
Dogs Not Allowed

About the Business
Established in 1919. A private, nonprofit institution, The Huntington was founded in 1919 by Henry
E. Huntington, an exceptional business leader and a man of vision. During his lifetime, Huntington
amassed the core of one of the finest research libraries in the world, established an impressive art…

Ask the Community Ask a question
Q:

Saturday or sunday?

A:

Can you be more specific, please? Parking can be difficult on either day. Google can tell you how busy it is on the average and in real time. The website can tell you about any special programs.

Kathryn F. 23 days ago 1 person found this helpful
Q:

How much is parking?

A:

Parking is free within the Huntington Library and along adjacent streets. There is also maximum 60 minute parking along the east entrance.

Stevo O. 4 months ago 4 people found this helpful
Recommended Reviews
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more about reviews.
Username

Start your review of The Huntington.
Overall rating

2540 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Yelp SortEnglish (2533)Filter by rating
Search reviews

Search reviews
Jen P.Elite 2023
Rochester, NY
6/7/2023
10 photos
This review is for the Botanical Garden. Absolutely fantastic place - one of the best BGs in the US for sure. So many gardens inside - no way you can truly see it all in a few hours.

We visited the HBG on a Tuesday, after barely snagging a 2 pm entry reservation (for 3 people) on a day that turned out to be sold out (like most days are). The gardens close at 5, and we knew we would have to make choices and sacrifices.

In the end we spent over an hour in the Desert Garden, nearly an hour in the Japanese Garden, and what remained of our slot in the Chinese Garden. If you already know you like BGs I don't have to say much other than the HBGs are mature and robust and just truly delightful. You could explore them FOR DAYS. But if you are simply looking for something to do while in LA or Pasadena, not yet seduced by the magic of a BG, then to you I say go for a day, plan to eat at the garden cafe, and open your eyes. I would be very surprised if you aren't totally sucked in at the end!

Highlights for us:
-- seeing rare blooming cacti and succulents in the Desert Garden - could have spent a full day just here! 
-- Getting to see a family of geese and goslings in among the lily ponds
-- the bonsai galleries, manicured lawns, koy ponds and scenery of the Japanese Garden
-- the stone tiled 'floors', blooming lilies and lotus flowers and the walled garden architecture of the Chinese Garden
-- a sneak peek at the North Vista fountain and statues on our way out

Here are some additional tips:
-- the 'Botanical Garden' and the 'Library' are two different places - make sure you are reserving the right place and know where you are going
-- even if the guard at the BG entrance gate tells you the lot is full, drive in and see for yourself - people are leaving all the time and we easily found lots of close-up spots
-- get a map (they are free) and ask the docents for tips on what not to miss
-- wear comfy shoes and bring an empty water bottle that you can fill inside
-- wear sunscreen and a hat!
-- take advantage of the shuttles that drive around to cut time getting from place to place
-- watch the HBG social media prior to your visit to see what they highlight - that's how we learned about the rare blooming cacti and succulents that we got to see
-- become a member for more flexibility on when you can visit

We loved HBG and feel like we missed so much - I really can't wait to go back!

See all photos from Jen P. for The Huntington

Nevin A.Elite 2023
Covina, CA
6/2/2023Updated review
88 photos1 check-in
Back to the gorgeous Huntington Library. I really love this place. The weather was nice and it was not sunny which was perfect to enjoy walking around.You can spend the whole day in there because they have different gardens, museums and exhibits. The Huntington's Rose Garden Tea Room is now open too.
The ticket for Adult is $29 in the weekend and holidays and $25 during the week days. You can also become a member and pay annual fees.
The staff is very professional and friendly. Although they have very spacious parking lot, but we spent around 25 minutes going in circles until we found one.
Once we parked the car, we felt ready to enjoy
Our time there.
The Huntington Art Gallery is one of the  magnificent exhibits you enjoy visiting. The rooms were furnished with exquisite classy European style. The Art Collection includes Sculptures, paintings, decorative arts and tapestries.
There are several gardens from Japanese garden to Jungle garden, to dessert garden, to chinese garden which is also known as " The Garden of Flowing Fragrance" to the gorgeous rose garden.
Snacks are allowed as well as water bottles but you have to leave them outside the Gallery.
At the end of your visit,you can stop by their gift shop to purchase some nice souvenirs.

See all photos from Nevin A. for The Huntington

5/5/2022Previous review
I really LOVE this place!
It is so relaxing to stay in an open area surrounding yourself with beauty of nature.
There are many distinct gardens that I enjoyed.
Cactus garden, Japanese garden,  Herb garden , chinese garden and rose garden.
Each garden has its unique landscape and beauty.
There are many ponds. I love the Koi fish a lot in addition to the turtles.
Also, you can see different types of birds and flocks of birds (I believe they are geese)
There are  renovations in some areas but that doesn't affect the visit.
The parking lot is spacious , there is no problem to find one

Read more

7/20/2021Previous review
This place is heavenly. You can walk around from one garden to another with joy and satisfaction. Whatever the garden you walk through, you will feel relaxed and excited in the same time.
The place is super clean. There are many ponds around which have fish and turtles.
The house has a very classic furniture. Also, I enjoyed the antiques and the paintings.
It is such a wonderful place to hang out with family or friends, or if your planning for happy events you can have many professional photos over there or if you want to just walk in a beautiful joyous place I recommend this place.
You might see many unique birds. There are many flocks of geese and there are signs to not to approach them
I spent around 5 hours and I wasn't exhausted.
I just felt energized. I wish I could stay more hours. I cannot wait until I go again . The ticket is a little pricey but it is worth every penny.
This is #1 garden in LA and my favorite one.

Read more

Miriah S.Elite 2023
Long Beach, CA
5/29/2023
7 photos
Beautiful, relaxing place to commune with nature! (& friends and family too).

There's also a big cafe with a bar (1919 cafe) where they make craft drinks. I recommend a whisky bramble before exploring. Well worth it.

See all photos from Miriah S. for The Huntington

Constance L.Elite 2023
San Jose, CA
6/17/2023
8 photos
Easily the most stunning garden I've been to. It's big enough that you feel completely immersed, and each area of the garden is so well maintained and curated that it feels like another hidden world. The Asian garden with the huge pond is absolutely stunning, the desert landscape has more colors and interesting plants than you expect, and the rose garden is just bursting with so many different colors. What an amazing experience!

See all photos from Constance L. for The Huntington

Tim E.Elite 2023
Brea, CA
5/26/2023
19 photos1 check-in
I came here with several friends that were taking their moms out for an outing so I joined and took my mom too. It's been years since I've been here as I believe I was in grade school and it was a field trip to The Huntington Library. It hasn't changed a whole lot but it's still beautiful. So we got in for free because none of us have the membership but it was a special in that on the last Thursday of the the month at 9am pst you can all line up electronically on the website and try to get 5 tickets for every one person. It's hit or miss but if you are granted then the first Thursday of the following month you can use those tickets to enter into The Huntington for free between 8am- 12pm. We had several people get online to get these tickets so it was a combined effort.

We started our walk to the Japanese garden then to the Chinese garden. If you're elderly and need a lift they have tram service that'll take you from one location to the next but you'll still need to walk it within the garden unless you have a wheelchair you have or rented at the Huntington.  Luckily our moms could all walk on their own. The scenery is of course beautiful and lucky for us it rained the day before and drizzled a like while we were there. It was the perfect day in my opinion.

I was hoping to get over to the cactus area but the moms were all pooped out after the two Asian gardens so we left the premise. You can reserve and have high tea there but on this particular adventure we didn't think ahead that far. They do have fast food on the premise but our moms deserve better but it's good for everybody else. I took so many photos to cherish with my mom and friends. Here are some photos to share with y'all.

Dress comfortably so you can enjoy your day. I'd suggest a visor to keep the sun out of your eyes and some insect repellent and sun protection SPF 50 especially if you come during the summer months and some water to quench your thirst. Enjoy!

See all photos from Tim E. for The Huntington

Grace A.Elite 2023
Diamond Bar, CA
5/29/2023
10 photos
I love the Huntington Library & Gardens ! I have been a member for two years. It's a new experience every time I go. The gardens are beautiful ! There is desert garden, Japanese Garden, Chinese garden, Tropical plant conservatory & Children's garden. You can purchase tickets online,  and parking is free. Become a member and the membership pays for its self after a few visits. The grounds are beautifully manicured. They are constantly featuring different works of art. The tea room is now open, but I heard reservations are booked up until end of summer.
You must add this to your to do list !

See all photos from Grace A. for The Huntington

Karen A.Elite 2023
Orange, CA
4/7/2023
3 photos1 check-in
I came here with my family to celebrate my birthday. It was a very windy day but wow! It was sooooooo beautiful.
We didnt get to do everything we wanted because the place is soooo huge!
Only thing i will say is although it is quite beautiful they definitely need to pickup trash from the bushes, water, grass, floor, etc more.
There was so much trash everywhere we looked. For 25$ I would it expect it to be well kept.
Nonetheless, i will come again with my walking shoes, water, and snacks.

Jennifer S.Elite 2023
Phoenix, AZ
6/1/2023
4 photos
Do not miss  this place.  Such a great place to spend time and absorb nature and be soaked in richness of beauty.  Don't skip this place!

Sarah C.Elite 2023
San Diego, CA
3/20/2023
14 photos
I haven't been to the Huntington in years and I've forgotten how much I love this place.  The Huntington has an extensive collection of European and American art. It's awe inspiring to see the color, skill and heart that the artists put into their work.  The library also has an extensive collection of books and manuscripts as well as statues. My daughter loved the penmanship in some of the books and manuscripts.

Aside from the art, the library boasts beautiful gardens. We absolutely loved the Japanese and Chinese gardens.  We missed the dessert garden and the roses weren't in bloom at the rose garden.  This just gave us a reason to return soon. 

It cost $29 for an adult ticket during a weekend and $13 for youth ticket.  We spent roughly 5 hours at the library, but we could have used more time.  The Huntington can be an all day thing as they do also offer food, snacks and drinks throughout the property.  The library also had a gift shop with plenty of trinkets.

See all photos from Sarah C. for The Huntington

Andreas K.Elite 2023
Los Angeles, CA
3/12/2023Updated review
19 photos
Such a beautiful place, particularly now in the spring when everything starts to blossom. Since my last visit (before Covid), several sections have been expanded, eg the Chinese Garden, and others are under construction. The Huntington remains a super fav!

PREVIOUS REVIEW
What do the Huntington Library, the beach, and High Sierra (e.g. Mammoth) have in common? The incredible display of nature that make each one of them an irreplaceable ingredient for L.A. quality of life. No matter how full it is, there is always the inevitable peace to rebalance from the day-to-day stress. The richness of conjoined plants with their wilderness, beauty, danger, independence, and durability that spans decades and centuries but observes subtle human-made changes puts many things into perspective. And its beauty is simply relaxing...
P.S. ... never regretted the membership ...

See all photos from Andreas K. for The Huntington

10/1/2018Previous review
What do the Huntington Library, the beach, and High Sierra (e.g. Mammoth) have in common? The incredible display of nature that make each one of them an irreplaceable ingredient for L.A. quality of life. No matter how full it is, there is always the inevitable peace to rebalance from the day-to-day stress. The richness of conjoined plants with their wilderness, beauty, danger, independence, and durability that spans decades and centuries but observes subtle human-made changes puts many things into perspective. And its beauty is simply relaxing...

P.S. ... never regretted the membership ...

Read more

1 of 254
217 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider
Sponsored
Cayton Children’s Museum

23.1 miles away from The Huntington

Located in Downtown Santa Monica, the Cayton Children's Museum offers 21,000 square feet of more than 20 discovery-based exhibits and immersive play, designed for children ages 0 to 8 years. The Cayton is a nonprofit organization…read more

in Children's Museums

GRAMMY Museum

10.4 miles away from The Huntington

Hao T. said"AMAZING!! at first I read a review that said you might need 3 or 4 hours here and I thought to myself "watindaworld dis person b crazy man" but I totally get it once I stepped in. It's around $12 bucks for students! Not bad at all.…"read more

in Museums, Venues & Event Spaces

Business website
huntington.org

Phone number
(626) 405-2100

Get Directions

1151 Oxford Rd San Marino, CA 91108
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.
이미지가 없습니다.
❤오늘이벤트 ❤한국❤실 사 보상 제 100%✦20대 최상급 사이즈 매니저NF 대거 영입 옵션 가능❤내상 없는 휴양지만
범시도 04-30 4
이미지가 없습니다.